Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Singing Sister Johnson

Craziest thing... It's November 7th and 65 degrees out. I WILL TAKE IT, GOD IS GOOD!

So, cool story, remember Reggie and Kevin that I talked about last week? Well minor detail, after we taught them and all, we forgot to get their information. (I know.. missionary fail) Well after we emailed last week we went to do our shopping at Wal-Mart. We were walking down and isle and I wasn't paying attention, and I ran into someone. I turned around to apologize.
"I'm so sor... REGGIE!"
Luckily for us, Heavenly Father gave us another chance!
That night we handed out Halloween candy for the Bishop. Service at it's finest. That's okay though because he handed out pass along cards to like 200 people. BAHAHAH ( and I ate all the candy)

We met this 85 year old man named Roger when we were knocking doors the other day. He was really nice to us and we talked to him for a bit. He told us that we he was mad at God because his wife has Alzheimer's and lives in a nursing home. He spends all day with her, and then goes home to live alone at night. My heart hurt so bad, I just wanted to hug him. This was straight Allie and Noah status. ( I hope you all know the reference). Then we tried teaching him truths and offered him a Book of Mormon. He politely declined, but I was not taking no for an answer! He looked at me in the eyes and said " I know you from somewhere, you remind me of someone" and I said, "yes, I was sent to give you a Book of Mormon!!" He had a good chuckle, but still wasn't having it. After about 4 or 5 different approaches we decided to move on. I LOVE ROGER! Gonna try again later ❤ 

So I got a call from the Zone Leaders the other day asking if I would do the musical number for Zone Training Meeting.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Yeah, no they weren't joking. So yours truly sang Nearer My God to Thee for 30 missionaries. No it is not recorded, no I will not be doing it again.

I love all of you SO DARN MUCH.

be happy.

xo  sister johnson






Elder Brush's cool carving of Jesus


Handing out candy.. not invited to the party :) 


Pass along cards for the kiddos


My favorite Hardy girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment