Monday, December 12, 2016

CODE WHITE

Hello my family and friends!

As many of you may have seen the weather was AWFUL this week. Today is the warmest it's been and we are sitting at a hefty one degree. Tuesday the city called for a code white. Everything was shut down, and everything was cancelled. We had 60 mph winds, and it was nice and warm. -24 to be exact. The wind was blowing snow everywhere, it looked like a white tornado. I'm not even kidding you, I was expecting to look out my window and see penguins huddled together. Well, that day we didn't brave the outdoors. We did missionary work from the warmth of the apartment, but the next day... I walked outside and my nose hairs froze. DO YOU KNOW HOW WEIRD THAT SENSATION IS? I also couldn't breathe, but I'm getting used to it now. Sister Hansen said I was being dramatic, I say otherwise.

Yesterday was the Primary Program and us and the Elders got to sing "Called to Serve" with the primary kids. It was so fun!!

On the day when it was -20 with the wind chill we tracted a few houses. Now mind you we could only knock on one door before we would have to warm up. The wind rips right through any article of clothing. Well, the second to last door on the street we knocked and the guy answered and yelled at us to "go away." Then he proceeded to slam the door. We responded with a "Merry Christmas!" Sister Hansen added a "If I was Santa I'd give you coal." Christ like? maybe not, but it made me laugh when I wanted to cry :)

The last door was mucho better. The guy let us in and we taught him a quick version of the Restoration. Gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he would read some of it this week and we could check back with him next week. He and his wife are nurse anesthetists so he knows all the doctors in our ward. We talked to Brother Amsbury who is a doctor at the same hospital, and he says he knows him and his wife and the wife is just as cool. She was at work that night, so we are pumped to meet her.

Anyways, those are some highlights. wish I could tell you all the amazing things that happen everyday, but there is just not enough time. You all can just read my journal when I get back.

I LOVE YOU.

Oh here's this nifty hymn we sang this week, I love it and wanted to share.

know this that every soul is free
to choose his life and what he'll be;
for this eternal truth is giv'n
that God will force no man to Heav'n


Hot cocoa on a cold p-day


Amsbury's naked cats!!


Family photos


BENNETT


This poem is so accurate


Our little tree, and some gifts from the members


Thanks to Faith Amsbury for braving the cold to snag some pics :)


Sneak peak at the family Christmas card



No comments:

Post a Comment