Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Minot (MY-not)

​​a week and a half is way too long! I'm so happy to hear from all of you! I made it to the Dakotas. I'm currently serving in Minot, North Dakota.. listen up folks, this is supposed to be one of the bigger cities. I died.

#1 it's cold as sin
#2 there are more trailer parks than homes
#3 the people are SO KIND

well most of them anyway... I only had two doors slammed in my face mid sentence. but all is well. 
okay so last week was the last week at the MTC and I was surprisingly sad about it. I have moved A LOT in my life and every time I get somewhere I hate it, and then I end up loving it, so you would think I would learn my lesson by now! I'll do better :)
we left the MTC to go to the airport at 3:50 am. guess whose alarm didn't go off? ya, that would be ours. one of the sisters in my room woke up at 3:40 and yelled for us to wake up!! oh my, I literally have never moved so quick in my life! we took a bus to a train, a train the shuttle, and a shuttle to the airport. what a day. well we made it. I met a friend named Daniel in the airport who was 70 years old and I got to be a real missionary and talk to him about the gospel, it was awesome! He gave me his business card and said if I was ever in Denver and needed anything to give him a call. what a cutie. 
when we got to North Dakota it was 40 degrees with a wind chill and humidity... the 9 of us missionaries highly considered flying the plane back to Utah. but the warm welcoming committee of missionaries helped change our minds! MY MISSION PRESIDENT IS THE COOLEST MAN! when we were having our first interview, one of the members of the 70 called him and his ring tone was a motor cycle engine. I died. him and Sister Hess are treasures of the earth, I LOVE THEM. well the first night there we went and knocked doors. I was terrified. but it was actually really fun, and no one was mean :)
oh and also there are no bison to be seen, and I have driven into the boonies to get to Minot. so that was kind of disappointing. I was going to teach the plan of salvation to billy the buffalo. next time I guess.
oh ya and watching conference with 2000 missionaries is something else! It was literally one of the coolest things, I'm so happy I got to experience it.
my trainers name is Sister Hansen, she is from Syracuse and I will be her last companion. She's really nice, and we have a lot in common. we cheered against each other in HS so that's kind of cool.
I wish I could give you every detail of my life right now but we don't have a whole lot of time to email, but send me letters and I will write you back!!

heads up... my address is now 1635 11th Street SE #102 Minot, ND 58702. send letters to here :)
I love you all so much!! thanks for the support!! I'll send more pics :)




 last pics from the MTC



this is Minot everyone




No comments:

Post a Comment