Thursday, September 22, 2016

The Start of The Best 18 Months

I'm alive! I miss you all so much & it's only been a week! I love it here at the MTC (missionary training center for those of you who haven't the slightest as to what MTC stands for) it's really hard, but I'm learning so much!! many people told me that this would be one of the hardest things I would ever do, and I kind of took offense to that because I feel like I've gone through some pretty tough things... but this really is one of the hardest things I have ever done, but one of the hardest things I have ever loved to do!! 
basically I wake up at 6:30 and learn and eat and learn and teach and learn until I can't see straight, then I go back to my room and pass out with my shoes on. kidding, not really that tired but pretty much. my companions name is Sister Lawrence. she's from Big Sandy Texas & is the sweetest thing in the whole land. we get along really well which is a blessing especially since the only time we are apart is when I'm in the bathroom! on the first day when we were eating dinner I spit out a mini M&M when I was talking to her, and she still loves me! we'll be bffs forever! 
I love my district so much!! there are 5 Elders and 6 Sisters, one Tri-panionship because one Elders companion got cold feet I guess. the first couple of days was kind of a rough transition, but we really helped each other out, and now we're a family. all of the Sisters in my district are going to North Dakota as well, but the Elders are going to Washington and I'm going to miss them soo much. three of the Elders remind me exactly of my 3 little brothers it's crazy! 
so the first day they threw us right in with the lions and made us teach... I was freakin terrified. but it was way fun, even though I probably taught false doctrine but it's okay cause she was my teacher so no one is going to fall away on account of my teaching skills :) but i'm getting better! the first day I got here my host was taking me to do all the stuff that I needed to and I saw one of my bffs Hermana McCall Andrus, and she switched my host so I got to hang out with her for awhile and I was soooo happy! my district always teases me that I have too many friends because I see someone I know every 5 minutes... folks that's what happens when you move more times than years of your life. 
so I went and sung in the MTC choir & they had us fill out a survey on our singing skills, well I should've lied (don't lie, lying is bad) and said I was a better singer because they chose the ones who said they were good at singing and they're going to SING AT CONFERENCE! I'm soooo mad, but happy because my companion is going and I'm way happy for her! so that means I get to go on a companion exchange and be companions with my friend Sister Gabler who I grew up dancing with! how cool is that?! 
well I love you all so much and I will try to write things down when they happen so I don't forget.. but don't worry about me I am so happy and I know this is where I am supposed to be! one of my favorite quotes from this week that really hit me to the core was... "Although we may settle for less, Heavenly Father won't settle because He sees us as glorious beings." how amazing is that?! God loves you, Jesus loves you, I love you! 

p.s. my new nickname is sister barbie... not sure if that's a good thing hahaha


love, sister johnson











No comments:

Post a Comment